Install Pivotal Gradle IDE & Enide Gradle for Eclipse & EGradle Editor in one operation. This plugin set works in any Eclipse (from Neon downto 3.7.2). For Oxygen EGradle Editor was added, while EditBox excluded.
- Gradle (STS) Integration for Eclipse by Pivotal (feature name is Gradle IDE) @GitHub
- Gradle for Eclipse by Nodeclipse/Enide @GitHub
- EGradle Editor for .gradle files. @ https://github.com/de-jcup/egradle ADDED. Newly included since October 2017 as it is better than still included :
- Minimalist Gradle Editor plugin @GitHub
- Nodeclipse EditBox for code blocks highlight. @GitHub
- StartExplorer for quick switch to command line @GitHub
- ZipEditor with some additions v1.1.2 to quickly look inside Gradle output: aar, apk, jar, war ... etc files
( This entry uses composite update site, check xml files at https://github.com/Nodeclipse/nodeclipse.github.io/tree/master/updates/g... for used specific update sites URL. )
With Enide Gradle for Eclipse
build.gradle file inside project would be enough. It can be created with Pivotal Gradle IDE; or by adding
build.gradle file to other project (e.g. Maven, Classic Java or C/C++). With Pivotal Gradle IDE .project file is to have
that you get with File -> New -> Project -> Gradle / Gradle Project or File -> Import -> Gradle / Gradle Project You can do without Gradle IDE with command line
$ gradle eclipse
then importing as existing project. Stone age of IDE: you would need to rerun `gradle eclipse` every time you update dependencies. But if you need just to take a look at a project, this way may suffice. (Some prefer the stability and predictability of generating Eclipse settings over having them managed inside eclipse with a plugin.)
Hints: When the same Gradle version is configured in Pivotal Gradle IDE, Enide Gradle and/or on system PATH, then daemon is reused. That will make build and task execution faster. Stackoverflow question -> Chapter 19.
Gradle distribution - Folder D:\Progs\gradle\gradle-1.11
Gradle home to use D:\Progs\gradle\gradle-1.11
Listed in Nodeclipse Plugins List.