Feb 2013: BPF v0.8 with Design Pattern Reference is now available!
Solution BluePrint (SBP) is Zensar's initiative to incorporate engineering practices in software development. Zensar's approach goes one step ahead towards building components and focusing on building reusable platform-agnostic models or Solution BluePrints, for platform-specific component generation.
The BluePrint Foundry (BPF) is at the heart of Solution BluePrint, and is a unique, collaborative framework for capturing business processes (using BPMN 1.0) and modelling/designing software applications. Built on the MDA-paradigm, as an Eclipse-based modeling tool, that is light-weight and intuitive, BPF adopts industry standards such as UML to make the job of a system designer/engineer that much easier.
Key features of BPF: Built on the MDA-paradigm, it supports model-artifacts using the Unified Modeling Langauage (UML). BPF is an Eclipse-based tool, and leverages many of the features provided or available within Eclipse, as a platform.
At a glance, the key features of BPF include:
- Software modelling based on MDA paradigm, UML 2.2, BPMN 1.0
- Model-to-model transformation
- Code generation from UML Class Diagram
- Reverse Engineering (from Java)
- Model Interchange based on XMI
- Convenient documentation, with export option
- Intuitive, light-weight and simple to use
- New (in v0.8):
- - Design Pattern Reference (for six core OO-patterns)
- - Easy drag-and-drop Java Reverse Engineering capability
- - See comments below or visit www.solution-blueprint.com for more info
Additionally, the following features make BPF unique:
- Real-time collaboration (for all artifacts/models/diagrams)
- Roundtrip Engineering (RTE) with Eclipse (Helios) IDE
- Accelerators such as BPMN-to-Use Case and Use Case-to-class extraction
- Traceability between any and all model elements (eg. Business Process Diagram to Use Case or Class or vice versa)
BPF Community Edition (Beta) is available for all Eclipse-platform & software design enthusiasts to explore further.
To know more, including downloading and release notes, etc., please visit www.solution-blueprint.com