Please be aware that some listings have been temporarily delisted from our marketplace in order to improve the security of the platform. We apologize for any inconvenience this may caused.
For more information on this matter, please visit #1.
If you are a listing owner and would like to have your listing(s) reinstated, please open a ticket at https://gitlab.eclipse.org/eclipsefdn/it/websites/marketplace.eclipse.org/-/issues.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Add this URL to your Eclipse Installation to reach this solution's update site.
The goal of the CFEclipse project is to create a plugin for the Eclipse platform that provides a professional quality IDE for CFML developers. Currently the CFEclipse plugin is one of the top rated Eclipse plugins at Eclipse Plugin Central and is in use by developers across the globe. CFEclipse offers most of the features found in traditional CFML editors and quite a few more that they don't. As well as allowing developers to take advantage of the wealth of other Eclipse plugins, CFEclipse comes with a developer friendly price tag... It's FREE!
CFEclipse has a wealth of features to appeal to ColdFusion developers:
* CF Frameworks Explorer
* CFC method outline view
* Integrated task list
* Content outline for your CFML pages (filterable with XPath)
* Code & bracket highlighting
* Code folding
* HTML and CFML tag code completion
* Tag and function code insight (including data types)
* Dynamic Snippets for frequently used code
* Integrated tabbed web browser for quick previewing
* Problem view, parses your code to find problems
* A scribble pad for your ideas
Unsuccessful Installs in the last 7 Days: 0
By adding the following code below to your website you will be able to add an install button for CFEclipse.HTML Code:
Submitted by Milena Dimitrova on Fri, 2022-03-11 07:55
I get the following error: Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
Software being installed: CFEclipse (including Frameworks) 1.5.3 (org.cfeclipse.cfml.feature.feature.group 1.5.3)
Missing requirement: CFML Plug-in 1.5.3 (org.cfeclipse.cfml 1.5.3) requires 'osgi.bundle; org.cfeclipse.cflint 1.3.0' but it could not be found
Cannot satisfy dependency:
From: CFEclipse (including Frameworks) 1.5.3 (org.cfeclipse.cfml.feature.feature.group 1.5.3)
To: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.cfeclipse.cfml [1.5.3,1.5.3]
Submitted by Shawn McKee on Wed, 2022-01-26 08:24
An error occurred while collecting items to be installed.
session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
Unable to read repository at http://cfeclipse.org/cflint/update/plugins/org.cfeclipse.cflint_1.3.0.jar.
Read timed out
Submitted by Johnathan Bartlett on Wed, 2021-02-17 23:10
Download IDE installer from https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/
CFEclipse succsesfully installed on versions 2019-09 and 2020-12
CFEclipse - http://cfeclipse.org/update
Submitted by Johnathan Bartlett on Mon, 2021-02-22 15:14
Update: While the plugin installs on 2020-12, the IDE doesn't work right. I've been using it in the 2019-09 version successfully. Occationally, I get null errors in the IDE and the code display gets wonky. Saving, quitting, and restarting resolves. I have not tried versions between 2019-09 and 2020-12 to see where the IDE breaks.
Submitted by Sybolt Hoitinga on Thu, 2020-03-26 04:37
I have installed latest eclipse version, CFeclipse is not compatible with this version?
Submitted by Gerry Creighton on Fri, 2019-04-12 14:52
I started a new job and just installed Eclipse and went to install the CFEclipse I can't find it in the marketplace. Which is odd. I even dragged the install button to my IDE and nothing.
Submitted by Bruce Keplinger on Mon, 2013-09-16 13:32
I had been using Dreamweaver CS4 but when I needed to move into a new computer, I started using NotePad++ with its CF plugin. While looking for a solution to a problem I ran into a blog entry about Dreamweaver CS6 and its improvements making the writer go back to it from NotePad++. A replay to his post by a happy CFEclipse user (as a plugin to Aptana Studio) piqued my curiosity. I downloaded Aptana and installed CFEclipse and gave them a spin. In short, WOW! There's so much I CAN do that I happily live with the little bit I can't.
The HUGE things (I'm not sure which are specific to Aptana or CFEclipse, since I installed CFEclipse immediately):
1) The Search and Replace across files can be configured to give an outline view of the search results, drilling down by directory and file, and showing the line number in the file that the result is on. I don't know about Dreamweaver CS6, but CS4 didn't do ANY of that. At a bare minimum I want to see the line number of the result, but seeing the results in a tree is SO useful.
2) The configurable TASKS (apparently specific to CFEclipse, as stated by Kevin Benore above and http://cfeclipse.org/index.cfm/features/tasks/): I can see in an instant where I have DEBUGs/CFDUMPS, TODOs, items that need verification, things that can wait, wishes, etc.
3) This one is really big: Regex Search and Replace with a *preview* of the results! How cool is THAT!
4) Integrated directory and file compare. (I won't uninstall WinMerge because of its MSOffice and PDF plugins, but now I barely use it.)
The small things that bother me:
1) When I create a Ruble command and assign it a keyboard combination (e.g. cmd.key_binding = 'CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+W'), CFEclipse ignores it in favor of its own binding, and it doesn't give me a choice of other conflicting bindings. If I open the file in the HTML editor, those work as they should. I'm still looking for a work-around or explanation of what I'm doing wrong, if anything. (No, CFEclipse Snippets is not a solution because I can't first select text I want the snippet around and then invoke the snippet with a keyboard binding.)
2) I can't compare local files with remote files without first starting a Synchronize.
3) I can only do a synchronize on a directory, not on an individual file or files.
Submitted by Darwin Cisterna on Fri, 2012-03-09 10:25
Submitted by Kevin Benore on Thu, 2010-07-15 16:36
There are plenty of ColdFusion editors, most of them commercial and some of them are even Eclipse plug-ins. CFEclipse is the best community supported, open source, ColdFusion editor. It has been around for years, so it is well polished and fully functional. They have an active mail list of both developers and community members in case you need help. They are also very responsive to good ideas and input. I would stand this IDE up against any of it's competitors as far as robustness for 95% of what you need to do. Not only does their IDE support Adobe's ColdFusion engine, but other CFML platforms as well such as Railo and Open Blue Dragon. Best of all ... it's free. Download it here or check out their site at http://www.cfeclipse.org! And for those of you who like to be on the "bleeding edge" of releases, point your Eclipse install path to their preview release section at http://www.cfeclipse.org/update-preview/.
Submitted by Missing name Mising name on Sat, 2011-08-06 16:29
totally agree, best coldfusion editor period !