Excelsior JET, a certified Java SE 7 JVM with an Ahead-Of-Time (AOT) compiler and installation toolkit, provides specific support for Eclipse RCP with a focus on code and data protection.
It enables developers to export Eclipse RCP applications in native code form and avoid the distribution of the easy-to-hack jar files altogether:
- Protect Intellectual Property by preventing bytecode decompilation and hiding sensitive data
- Meet security requirements for safety-critical industries such as Transport, Energy, Healthcare, Defense, and others
- create time limited demos
- author application installers
- deploy without dependency on the JRE
Ease of Use
With this Eclipse plug-in, you may protect your Eclipse RCP product and create an install package in a few mouse clicks.
Whitepaper: Two Ways of Securing Eclipse RCP Applications (obfuscation vs. native pre-compilation.)
Case studies: RCP developers share their experience with Excelsior JET.
Video tutorial: standalone tools providing the advanced features of Excelsior JET, such as Startup Optimizer, Java Runtime Slim-Down, installer branding, and others.
Excelsior JET for Eclipse RCP page: product information, sample applications, etc.