Talend MDM is the first comprehensive solution for data integration, data quality, master data and data stewardship built on a single platform and available at a fraction of the cost of traditionally complex and dissociated solutions. This approach accelerates and simplifies MDM implementations while providing flexibility to expand its value over time. Talend MDM’s unique data model allows organizations to immediately model and master any data domain, beyond customer and product and systematically improve data quality across enterprise systems. The solution reduces complexity and provides the necessary data stewardship tools that help teams efficiently collaborate on master data and meet data governance requirements.
Key features of Talend MDM open source software include:
• Active Data Model: Talend’s Active Data Model allows organizations to immediately model and master any data domain, beyond predefined models for set domains. It is the center of the master data implementation and drives integration, quality and lifecycle of the master data.
• Domain Driven Integration: Talend MDM uses data model driven events to drive when and where data is synchronized, augmented or distributed. A graphical tool provides over 400 proven components and connectors to build integration processes for the master data.
• Master Data Quality: The Active Data Model allows users to validate, resolve and augment master data. The solution delivers a robust data profiling tool and provides components for name and address standardization, callouts to external standardization services and augmentation routines.
• Data Stewardship: The collaborative interface provides a set of tools for a team to collaborate on and create a trusted and reliable set of master data and the appropriate stewardship tools to manage the process of updating and managing the master data through a lifecycle.
• Talend Studio: Talend Studio provides a single platform for managing the data model, configuring integration, administering data quality and creating stewardship workflows to enable rapid implementation and to simplify management.