Welcome to World Wind Geo: The Eclipse Geo browser. World Wind Geo is an experimental geo browser built on top of:
* World Wind Java SDK - http://worldwind.arc.nasa.gov/java/ : Allows developers to embed World Wind technology in their own applications.
* Eclipse - http://www.eclipse.org/ : Eclipse is an open source community whose projects are focused on building an open development platform comprised of extensible frameworks, tools and runtimes.
Our goal is to close the gap between GIS & SIS (Scientific Information Systems) by incorporating low/med/hi resolution GIS datasets from multiple sources: NASA, MS Virtual Earth, and others with the java NetCDF library for plotting/subsetting capabilities of scientific data.
World Wind Geo has the following fetaures:
* Interactive 3D navigation.
* Full support for WMS 1.1.x and 1.3.x using wizards.
* Over 500 real time weather data sets from NOAA and the Navy Research Labs.
* Limited support for KML: Ground overlays, screen overlays, and placemarks only.
* Support for animated ground overlays to visualize events over time.
* Scientific Data Plot/Subset capabilities with NetCDF.
* Open source: built on top of the World Wind Java SDK and Eclipse frameworks.
* Highly extensible: It uses the eclipse plugin framework to extend the user interface.
* Multi platform: built on proven standards: Java and Eclipse.
Visit the product home @ http://code.google.com/p/worldwindrcp/