Add this URL to your Eclipse Installation to reach this Solution's Update Site.
This plugin contributes a view that allows to enter a regular expression, used to produce a grep-like output (shown in the view) of the current text editor.
The view shows the original line numbers and when the cursor is moved in the grep output, the cursor in the text editor is moved to the matching line.
Any editor that subclasses the AbstractTextEditor should be supported.
The current version can optionally link to the current editor (press the double link icon in the view), in this mode the grep is refreshed whenever an editor is activated.
* when in an editor press CTRL+ALT+G (CMD+ALT+G) to open/activate the grep view, if text is selected, it is copied in the grep expression box and it is preselected
* TAB to move from grep result to grep text box and vice versa
* CTRL+F in grep result opens an incremental search box
inside the search box:
* ESC closes the find bar, arrow down searches forwards, arrow up backwards
* search is always case insensitive and incremental (find as you type)
1.0.1 : fixed highlight of matches in grep view.
1.0.2 : added 2 options (selectable via the view's menu):
* case sensitivity during grep
* show multiple matches on a line, the grep operation normally finds only the first match on a line, if this option is set, the regular expression is searched again on the same line
1.1.0 : added simple find bar in grep view:
* can be activated via the edit->find menu or ctrl+F (implements standard find)
* opens a firefox-like search bar at the bottom of the view
1.2.0 : added history for grep expressions:
* the grep expression box is now a combo listing the previously used ones
* Edit history menu option in the view drop down menu to edit the history
1.2.1 : much faster for long files with many matches:
* changed Document implementation.
1.2.2 : text selection copied to grep expression box and preselected
2.0.0 : Color chooser for highlight color
Unsuccessful Installs in the last 7 Days:0
By adding the following code below to your website you will be able to add an install button for TextEditor Grep.HTML Code:
Submitted by ross on September 26, 2011 - 01:41
Is it possible to assign hotkey for search? Like ctrl-F to focus on grep's search box.
Submitted by Fabrizio Iannetti on November 5, 2011 - 11:20
to change focus from the grep result to the text entry box (and vice-versa) you can use the TAB key.
Ctrl-F is now associated to a simple text search inside the grep result
Submitted by Abu Azzam on May 4, 2011 - 21:46
It's worked now. I'm sure this will benefit others as well.
Submitted by Abu Azzam on April 27, 2011 - 05:42
Hi, I tried this plugin in 3.6 and I really like it. If possible, can you support 3.5 also? I will appreciate it :)
Submitted by Fabrizio Iannetti on May 4, 2011 - 16:18
Hi, thanks for trying out the plugin and for your feedback. The new version has the dependency lowered to 3.5, so if you just use the update site you should be able to install it.
Back to the top