RapidClipse - we call it the visual Eclipse - is a complete Eclipse distribution for Rapid Java and Cross-Platform-Development. All of the essential tools and plugins you need for developing professional Java, web, mobile and database applications are already preinstalled, preconfigured and optimally matched to each other, e.g. Java SE, JPA, JBoss Hibernate tools, Maven, GIT, Vaadin, the additional RapidClipse IDE tools and the RapidClipse framework. No more annoying and time-consuming Eclipse configurations. Just install and get started immediately like plug & play.
RapidClipse provides a HTML5 GUI builder based on Vaadin, strongly improved Hibernate tools, the free JPA query language JPA-SQL, cross-platform-deployment tools that enable you to deploy any project as a web, mobile or classic Java desktop app.
The integrated RapidClipse framework provides a databinding between Vaadin and Hibernate, fully Hibernate entity lifecycle management, concepts for authentication and authorization, internationalization, UI persistence, a mobile API for creating powerful IoT solutions and much more. The framework bases on the Java Standard Edition and is released as open source under AGPL. The license model is similar to the OpenJDK.
RapidClipse was made for developing business applications running on all major platforms and devices. Never has Java development with Eclipse been this easy, convenient, and fast.
Much more than standard Eclipse
- HTML5 GUI builder based on Vaadin
- Strongly improved JBoss Hibernate tools
- EH cache pre-installed as Hibernate second-level cache
- JPA query language JPA-SQL
- RapidClipse framework
- Cross-platform deployment tools
New in Version 4.0
- Eclipse version 2018-9
- Java 11 support
- Optimized GUI builder
- Strongly improved Hibernate cache configuration
- Many JDBC-driver updates
- Additional data sources
- Google charts integration
- Make Eclipse a visual Java IDE similar to Visual Basic and 4gl tools
- No more time-consuming Eclipse configurations
- Simplify the entire application development process with Java and Eclipse radically
- Enable Java beginners, especially 4gl developers switching over to Java to use it instantly
- Faster results
- HTML5 UI development similar to good old Java Swing development
- Eliminate as much technical complexities as possible
- Enable developers to concentrate on business logic
- Generate clean and well structured code
- Allow generated code and framework features to be replaced by custom implementations at any time
- Provide a scalable architecture and powerful application infrastructure to build on
- Use Java standards or accepted defacto standards and tools that are accepted by Java architects
- Application developers who want to concentrate on business logic
- Java developers who are not JPA / Hibernate professionals
- 4gl developers who want to switch over to Java
- Java beginners in general
RapidClipse is free
RapidClipse is available as a fully prepared Eclipse distribution addressed to Eclipse starter and as a common Eclipse plugin as well. The separate framework is also available on GitHub.
Follow us on Twitter: @RapidClipse