Nodeclipse Core & Node.js (nodeclipse-1) is Eclipse plugin for the Node.js. The purpose of Nodeclipse is to create environment in which Node.js development is easy for any user from beginner to professional.
Enide Studio 2014 that is recommended as the most feature rich distribution.
Check out http://www.nodeclipse.org/
One-stop shop for Node.js tools.
We can't develop everything at once, but we let you know what are the best things around for Node.js development with Eclipse.
- Creating default structure for New Node Project and New Node Source File
- Generating Express project with Wizard
- Bracket matching and marking selection occurences with background color
- Content assist (JSDT and/or Tern)
- Code completion for base Node.js modules, Express, MongoDB driver, Mongoose (create tern plugins for more)
- Experimental content assist from Orion IndexFiles for amqp, express, mongodb, mysql, postgres and redis node packages
- Go to definition with Ctrl+click when JSDoc is used or Tern is configured
- Refactoring within one file (Alt+Shift+R)
- JSON files highlight and validation
- NPM support
- Debugging - Breakpoint, Trace, Variables, Expressions, etc... via modified Eclipse debugger plugin for V8 (Chromium Tools)
- Setting project properties for JSHint-Eclipse automatically;
- Passing arguments to
node and Node application (per every file and per whole workspace)
- Specifying environment variables values to use (per every file)
- Running CoffeeScript *.coffee files
- Running *.js files with PhantomJS, MongoDB Shell or Java 8 Nashorn
*.njs, *.pjs, *.mjs and
*.jjs file extentions.
- rename .js to .njs to have less run options
- JSHint-Eclipse is included, with JSHint 2.5.6 that is EcmaScript 5 aware. Configure in .jshintrc file.
- use Ctrl+Alt+E or StartExplorer/Show in File Manager,
or Ctrl+Alt+D or StartExplorer/Start Shell Here,
- use EditBox for block color highlight
(Forum is not checked by authors; but issues and SO questions with nodeclipse tag are)
Listed in Nodeclipse Plugins List