A Domain-specific Modeling Language (DSML) is a modeling language tailored for a very specific and limited domain. A DSML is a combination of visual presentation of entities from the domain as well as a set of rules that defines their behavior. A well-defined DSML should help you to express whatever needed in the specific domain in a correct manner without disturbance from concepts irrelevant for the domain.
A UML-based DSML is a combination of extension and limitation of the Unified Modeling Language (UML) for a specific modeling domain. A UML-based DSML does often, but not always, include UML-profile(s) with stereotypes and additional properties, as well as new graphics (icons and symbols). A UML-based DSML should also contains a set of constraints on how UML and the extensions should be applied in terms of model structure, element and relationship usage, valid property values, diagram placement and diagram content etc.
MetaModelAgent is a modeling tool extension that makes it very simple to define your own DSML and make it available for the modelers through powerful UI additions to open source Papyrus or IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA).
- Agile DSML Configuration
- MetaModelAgent makes it very easy to setup your own DSML-specific modeling tool using a UML-based metamodels as a single source of information. There is no need at all for any API-based programmatic extensions.
- Accelerated DSML-modeling
- MetaModelAgent uses your own metamodel to provide a DSML-specific modeling tool with user-friendly context-sensitive wizards, views, menus and palettes. This makes it possible to develop and validate high-quality DSML-models rapidly without the risk of introducing violations to the DSML.
- Makes you models available for anyone
- MetaModelAgent generates easy-navigable model reports of your DSML-models and DSML-guidelines in HTML-format. This makes your models accessible by anyone through a standard web browser.
- Flexible and Scalable
- MetaModelAgent supports any kind of UML-based DSML of any size, independent of any development process. MetaModelAgent supports any number of different DSML-guidelines and models simultaneously in the same environment.
- Support for standard UML
- MetaModelAgent has embedded guidelines for standard UML that make its possible to use MetaModelAgent´s unique UI extensions without the need of any DSML-definition.
Powerful and easy to use, MetaModelAgent allows your organization to create high-quality DSML-models faster than ever before.
MetaModelAgent requires and supports:
- Papyrus 2.0.x (Neon release)
- IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA) 8.0 and later, all editions (MetaModelAgent is certified as Ready for IBM Rational Software)
MetaModelAgent is available for installation from the update site: http://www.metamodelagent.com/update
To use the MetaModelAgent functionality after installation you will have to order a limited FREE license, request a 30-day trial license or purchase an unlimited license.
For more information see Adocus company website and MetaModelAgent product website.