The license management solution lets vendors of Eclipse-based software products, such as Eclipse plug-in's, easily integrate license management into their products, i.e. checks whether given Eclipse installation has a valid license for a particular product feature.
The solution consists of two closely integrated parts:
* License management/validation plug-in. Software vendors integrate this plug-in into their products to perform check which features are licensed in a given Eclipse installation. Users of vendor products use the preference page provided by the plug-in to install and view licenses and keys.
* License generation/delivery service provided by Hammurapi Group to vendors of Eclipse-based products.
* License generation and delivery to customers.
* Payment processing.
* Licenses are encrypted with asymmetric encryption and cannot be forged.
* License management plug-in code is signed.
* Vendor plug-in code can implement additional integrity check of the licensing plug-in.
* Licenses can have expiration date or expiration period after first use of licensed feature.
* Clock-reset resilience - the solution detects when the system clock was rewound to continue to use licensed feature after expiration date.
* Fine-grained licensing - vendor product checks licensing at “feature” level, each license can contain multiple licensed features.